[Mediawiki-l] math: Failed to parse (unknown error)

Rob Desbois robert.desbois at chronos.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 08:09:11 UTC 2006

> With these changes, it worked. The command "sudo -u apache ./texvc
> /var/www/mediawiki/images/tmp /var/www/mediawiki/images/math "y=x+2"
> iso-8859-1" created a .png file in the math directory. How do I see a
> .png file, by the way?
I only have remote access to my server so to view a png file I just copy it to my wwwroot :)
If this last part worked then your setup looks to be ok.

> 1) Tried adding math directory to the path: Changed "ini_set(
> "include_path", ".:$IP:$IP/includes:$IP/languages" );" to "ini_set(
> "include_path", ".:$IP:$IP/includes:$IP/languages:$IP/math" );" This
> did not work.
I am guessing that the include_path variable controls where MW will look for included PHP files, can you make sure that the path to texvc is in your apache user's path environment variable. (Note: I'm not sure how to do this for non-login users, I just created a symbolic link from /usr/local/bin - can anyone enlighten me?)

> 2) Just for the heck of it, tried changing $wgScriptPath from
> /mediawiki to /var/www/mediawiki, but this generated some errors when
> I tried to save a page on the wiki, so I changed that back.
I believe if you change $wgScriptPath you'll also need to change $IP or MW_INSTALL_PATH - but I'm not too sure when it comes to moving an existing insallation. There's probably no milage in trying it imho.

So; check that texvc is in apache's path is the next thing.
--Rob