[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade

Hugh Prior mediawiki at localpin.com
Sun Jul 30 16:12:36 UTC 2006

I don't know how likely you are to find someone who is all three of the
following:
a) hosting on IX WebHosting
b) experienced in upgrading MediaWiki
c) paying attention to your forum post

Not very I suppose.

Here's my suggestion:
1) Try and understand what upgrade.php actually does (I've no idea - I've
never looked at it).
2) Load both 1.5.3 and the latest version (say 1.7.1) on a local machine,
and create seperate databases for both, with a few sample pages/edits in
each
3) Compare the 1.5.3 db with the 1.7.1 db, and make the changes manually
4) Try and make "manually" (with phpmyadmin or SQLyog) the required changes
to the 1.5.3 db
5) Point the 1.7.1 code at the newly changed 1.5.3 db and test

The changes between 1.5.3 and 1.7.1 may be so huge as to make this
completely impractical, but somehow the answer to what you need to change
will be found in "upgrade.php".  Good luck!

Hugh
http://www.chainki.org

"Mauro do Carmo" <mauro at carmo.info> wrote in
message news:55ac1u$7a8kpp at smtp01.lnh.mail.rcn.net...