[Mediawiki-l] favicon

Frederich, Eric P2173 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Thu Jul 27 19:45:26 UTC 2006

Thanks.
I did see that it was giving /favicon.ico which wasn't what I wanted.
I thought I needed it without the slash in front so I needed to find the
place to change it.
I greped the files in the wiki root for favicon and found something in
the history and found the following.

* (bug 4303) Add $wgFavicon to change the shorticon icon link from
  the default /favicon.ico or disable it (if set to false)

So I tried $wgFavicon = "favicon.ico"; and that still didn't work but
using $wgFavicon = "../favicon.ico" worked just fine.

What directory was $wgFavicon = "favicon.ico" referring to that I would
have to go a directory up?
What directory was $wgFavicon = "/favicon.ico" referring to?

Thanks,
~Eric