[Mediawiki-l] $wgParser->mTitle not defined on viewing?

Ev. Jugend im Kirchenkreis Bleckede - Website admin at ej-bleckede.de
Thu Jul 27 18:14:01 UTC 2006

Hello,

on my private MediaWiki (1.6.8) I have implemented a custom skin (so this is
*inside* the skin class) with a hack that filters for some special article
titles and does all kinds of stuff *instead of* calling
$this->html('bodytext'). To check for the titles, I use
$wgParser->mTitle->getText(). However, it appears that this method only
works if the article does not actually exist. If there is an article with
that title in the database, $wgParser->mTitle is NULL when I'm viewing the
article (however, not when it's being edited, deleted or anything else). Is
this a bug or am I just doing something really stupid?

Julian