[Mediawiki-l] Using Mediawiki Authentication for an external system

Chris Earle (CBL) cearle at cbltech.ca
Wed Jul 26 19:40:04 UTC 2006

Hey all,

This is the reverse of one of the most popular questions on here--

I like the MW user table/authentication system -- and was wondering if it
would be possible to use it as with an external system?  I want to build an
intranet AROUND mediawiki ... or something like that.  I figure since I've
already got a large userbase created in MW, I should just use that and go
from there.

Most people on here ask if they can use an external auth system to log in to
MW -- I want the reverse :-)

Thoughts appreciated.  Direct me to a MW meta page if there's something
useful floating around

--
Chris Earle