[Mediawiki-l] Using Mediawiki Authentication for an external system

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 22:28:04 UTC 2006

> I like the MW user table/authentication system -- and was wondering
> if it
> would be possible to use it as with an external system?  I want to
> build an

well, I don't really get the problem.
If you want, password hash function is trivial, you can access tables
directly.
If you want, you can build your own web services (as a specialpage,
if you want higher level, or build your own entry point).

Then just interface it all. What is the question? :)

Domas