[Mediawiki-l] [Wikitech-l] Microsoft Exchange Server and Mediawiki

Mei Wu mwu.mailbox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 05:11:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am running a local Microsoft IIS 5 smtp server on the Windows XP
machine. In the php.ini, I have specified localhost as the smtp
server. When I go to the Wiki logon page, type my username and hit the
"Email password" button, I get the following error message:

Error sending mail: Failed to connect to localhost:25 [SMTP: Failed to
connect socket: An established connection was aborted by the software
in your host machine. (code: -1, response: )]

I don't know what the problem is. When I try to logon to the smtp
server using "telnet localhost 25", it does not work ("Connect
failed"). Thanks for your help.

Mei