[Mediawiki-l] I'd like to add these features

Bryan Shepherd bryan.groups at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 30 22:14:06 UTC 2006

I'd like to add two features to my wiki.  First, I'd like to have content
with a certain heading or on a certain page randomly displayed in a box on
the front page.  I've tried to figure out how Wikipedia does this, but I am
still learning the wikimedia software so I haven't gotten it.  Second I'd
like to add an "Invite" link so that users can invite others to the site via
email, but I'm not exactly sure where to start.  As yo umay have guessed,
I'm not a professional programmer, just a hobbyist : )

Any help with either of these issues would be helpful.

Thanks!