[Mediawiki-l] Ldap auth

Mr Scsi mrscsi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 18:30:16 UTC 2006

I am trying to follow the instructions for authenticating mediawiki
1.5.4 to my ldap.
If a user exists in the local database, authentication is sucessful
and everything works as expected.

If the user does not exist in the local database, I get the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/srv/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/User.php on line 1531

If the user hits the back button and tries again, they get
authenticated no problem.
I have done a debug and sql dump to log files and it looks like the
last thing that happens before the error is an insert of the user name
to the user table.

Does anyone have an idea about how to avoid the error, short of
manually adding users?