[Mediawiki-l] Backup & contents box

Willy, Andrew AWilly at eSMIL.net
Thu Jan 19 17:13:33 UTC 2006

Thank you Rick!

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick DeNatale [mailto:rick.denatale at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:05 AM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Backup & contents box

On 1/19/06, Willy, Andrew <AWilly at esmil.net> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I want to make sure I'm properly backing up our wiki.  I first do a MySQL
> backup, then I move the resulting file and the entire wiki directory onto
> tape.  Is that sufficient or is there a stray critical peice I'm
> overlooking?

It should be unless you've configured mediawiki to put something (like
the upload directory) in a non-standard place.

> Second question.  Is there a way to prevent the contents table from being
> generated on certain pages?

Put __NOTOC__ somewhere in the page.  There are two underscore
characters at each end of this "magic word".  For more magic words
see:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Magic_words#__NOTOC__

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY-The information in this email, including
attachments, may be confidential and/or privileged and may contain
confidential health information. This email is intended to be reviewed only
by the individual or organization named as addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify Scottsdale Medical Imaging, an affiliate
of Southwest Diagnostic Imaging, LTD immediately - by return message to the
sender or to support at esmil.com - and destroy all copies of this message and
any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Scottsdale Medical Imaging. Confidential health information is protected
by state and federal law, including, but not limited to, the Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and related
regulations.