[Mediawiki-l] contents of page disappearing

Luis Borda de Agua lbagua at uga.edu
Tue Jan 17 19:45:41 UTC 2006

I run a mediawiki site for a small group of users.

I recognize that my question is very basic, unfortunately I couldn't
find an answer to it.

I noticed that when two users (or probably more) edit the same page at
the same time, the entire contents of the page are totally erased when
the user who last tries to save his/her changes clicks on "save page".

Although I can bring back one of the previous versions, this seems to
be a major problem, and I always assumed that mediawiki had a clever
way to deal with this (sending a warning to one of the users, for
example).

What shall I do? Is there something I can change in some file(s)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Luis Borda de Agua
2502 Plant Biology Building
University of Georgia