[Mediawiki-l] help!

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Jan 16 03:34:48 UTC 2006

Elisabeth Freeman wrote:
> I was running 1.4.5, on MySQL 4.x  and php 4.x.  I tried to find info
> about this problem online, and saw one message from someone who said it
> was related to an update in the php version on Mac, but I checked the
> documentation and MediaWiki 1.4.5 doesn't seem to require php 4.x
> specifically.

My test system uses several custom installations of PHP so I haven't seen this
exact problem, but it sounds like this problem here:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060111113313511&lsrc=osxh

Fiddling with the socket files as in that page should help, give it a try.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)