[Mediawiki-l] Are old versions kept indefinitely

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Jan 12 21:04:08 UTC 2006

Dharmaweb.org wrote:
> How can we delete it if we don't want to keep it?

You could try using one of those wiki engines that is designed to destroy data
by default, such as UseMod.

MediaWiki is designed for Wikipedia and sites like it, and permanent retention
of edits is thus an absolute requirement for MediaWiki's target "market". If
someone recommended MediaWiki to you for a very limited-resource environment
where you can't afford to keep a little text around, you may have been misinformed.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)