[Mediawiki-l] MySQL error when upgrading from 1.4.11 to 1.5.6

Patricia Barden webmaster at prwatch.org
Mon Feb 13 18:09:15 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm doing a test upgrade of our SourceWatch site from MediaWiki
v1.4.1.1 to v1.5.6, using PHP 5.1.1, MySQL 4.1.15 and FreeBSD O/S.

I've stepped through the upgrade several times and each time the
process jams when the script tries to create the "validate" table
resulting in a MySQL 'Can't create table' error message (errno: 121).

I recently have successfully done a couple of new installs of
MediaWiki v1.5.5 but, in each case, I assigned a database prefix to
the tables. So, just as a test, I added a database prefix to the
tables in the database for the upgrade. This seems to work.

I think that perhaps 'validate' is a reserved word in this version of
MySQL and that this is the reason why MySQL stops when asked to
create a table called 'validate'.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Tricia Barden