[Mediawiki-l] Re: mime problem and redirect bad title

FxParlant f-x.p at laposte.net
Mon Feb 13 22:28:41 UTC 2006

Hi Rob,

no, I don't have any access to command line at my webhost. What I did is:
- download a dump of the old database (MW1.3 as you recall),
- load it in a mysql DB used by a MW1.3 on local (running Apache, php4
on winXP).
- Install a 1.6 (phase 3) on my local server (no warning at install time).
 -> Result: image not displaying, full page of red warning.
- ran the rebuildimages.php at command line (winXP) before changing the
php.ini
 -> Result: a lot lot lot of warnings
- I changed my php.ini by adding the line:
mime_magic.magicfile = "C:\apache2\php\bin\magic.mime"
 -> Result: a link appears instead of the image in the wiki
 -> Result: The mime type is wrong on the image page: everything is
text/plain
- Ran the rebuildImages.php at command line (still on winXP) after
changing the php.ini
 -> Result: warning about dl() not running on multithreaded web server
 -> Result: in the image pages most images have an extension in
coherence with their filetype
- Hoped that on my webhost, using a linux plateform it would be ok
- Deceived
- Addressed to Rob Church  :-)

Please, still in need of help.

François