Google and wikis (was Re: [Mediawiki-l] logo only shows up on some pages)

Vedant Lath vedantlathetc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 05:45:08 UTC 2006

hi,

It looks like your site is less than 3 months old. So step #1
would be: just wait. It takes a while -- sometimes 6 months or
more -- before Google trusts new sites with a prominent ranking:

google indexed a java program on my newly created website
vedant.lath.inonly a few days ago, and the program is at #9 in the
search for "sudoku
java". vedant.lath.in was made in november or december of 2005. google
started indexing it only in january.

and my program has only 2 links from other web pages! both are from
setbb.com, a forum for various things.
it is a mystery for me how google's pagerank algorithm works.

vedant