[Mediawiki-l] logo only shows up on some pages

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 20:07:38 UTC 2006

I changed my logo by setting $wgLogo in LocalSettings.php. I believe
that's the right way.

It only shows up on some pages. It seems like it likes to show up on
editing pages, login pages--pages with forms. It doesn't show up on
content pages (when you're only reading them), the main page, etc.
When it doesn't show up, I don't see a broken image box or anything,
it's just not there.

It doesn't seem to matter what skin I use, and I've been sure to clear
cache and restart httpd, etc. It's actually happening the same way in
two different installations. In both cases the logos are nice and
small; one of them is a png with transparency and the other is a
non-transparent png. Any ideas?

Side note: I'm new to MediaWiki, but I'm having a really hard time
googling for help. If I include "MediaWiki" in the search string, the
results seem to return every third wiki out there, rather than help
about MediaWiki. Any tips there?

Thanks,
Matt