[Mediawiki-l] Problems upgrading 1.4.7 -> 1.7.1

Ian yellowbkpk at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 04:37:08 UTC 2006

I have been having a recurring issue upgrading my MediaWiki install
ever since I installed it. I finally spent the afternoon trying very
hard to get through all of the (limited) documentation and figure it
out. Unfortunately, I didn't get anywhere.

My 1.4.7 wiki is at http://mapki.com/. Notice how many pages there are,
how many revs, etc. I backed up the SQL and files, copied the old wiki
to a new directory and then extracted the tarball over the old. I
renamed the LocalSettings.php, ran through the new config/install.php,
and tested. Instead of getting either no page or the correct page, I
get this: http://php5.mapki.com/. The Mainpage that shows there is a
revision that is almost a year old, and the rest of the wiki is missing
dozens of pages. I checked the raw MySQL database through the backend
and can see all of the revs in the database rows.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I've tried running the dumpBackup.php
script from the 1.4.7 install but it errored out on me. I would hate to
lose the tons of data that my users have entered.

Thank you!
Ian