[Mediawiki-l] Loading recent changes brings CPU to 100%

Kasimir Gabert kasimir.g at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 07:56:00 UTC 2006

Hello,

When a user loads the recent changes page on my wiki, the CPU
utilization on my server goes up to 99 to 100% for a single Apache
process, and that process stays alive for *exactly* 60 seconds (which
also happens to be the cutoff time for PHP scripts on my server).
This only happens *after* the recent changes page has been sent to the
browser, and the connection has been closed (I have KeepAlive off).

I have no idea what is going on, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kasimir Gabert