[Mediawiki-l] Uploading images suddenly denied

RedleX oriredle at actcom.co.il
Sun Apr 30 12:33:17 UTC 2006

On 30 Apr 2006, at 13:12, mediawiki-l-request at Wikimedia.org wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:03:35 -0700
> From: Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com>
> Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Uploading images suddenly denied
> To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
> 	<mediawiki-l at Wikimedia.org>
>
> RedleX wrote:
>> I did not change on my own accord any of the parameters. The last
>> changes are:
>> A. Switched database server a few weeks ago (did not upload images
>> since).
>> B. Upgraded to MW 1.6.3
>
>> From what?
>
> See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting in particular
> if from 1.4
> or older.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Thanks for responding.

I've updated from version 1.5.8, so this shouldn't be it.

I've tried to add, just to test this, to "LocalSettings.php" the
following:

1. "$wgMimeDetectorCommand = "file -bi";" -- tested this. Didn't work.
2. Lines like:
$wgFileExtensions[] = 'pdf';
$wgFileExtensions[] = 'jpg';
$wgFileExtensions[] = 'png';

This didn't work either. BTW, I did not have a list of allowed
extensions in my LocalSettings.php. The problem seems to be somewhere
else, anyway.

Ori