[Mediawiki-l] Bot and "permanent links"

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Apr 26 22:44:36 UTC 2006

> From: fred <frederic at conrotte.be>
>
> I'm currently pushing my company to adopt mediawiki as our main
> collaborative
> working tool.
> I'm looking for a way to automaticaly create an article containing
> a list of
> permanent links pointing to specific versions of articles. It could
> be a
> category but this category should be "frozen"; the category should
> list the
> articles versions frozen at time T.
>
> In short, I'm trying to "tag" (as in cvs or subversion) a list of
> articles.
>
> Is it feasible with mediawiki? Maybe using some Bots?

Some time ago, I floated an idea to do this using the edit summary
field. So the bot could go through and do an empty edit on each
desired page, and give them a common edit summary field. But then I
got busy, and didn't do it.

:::: Artists, are people who say, "I can’t fix my country or my state
or my city, or even my marriage. But by golly, I can make this square
of canvas, or this eight-and-a half-by-eleven piece of paper, or this
lump of clay, or these few bars of music, exactly what they ought to
be!" -- Kurt Vonnegut ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::