[Mediawiki-l] Forced to create template

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sat Apr 22 15:52:31 UTC 2006

> From: "Gary Kirk" <gary.kirk at gmail.com>
>
> On,
> for example, Wikipedia, I can include the contents of one page on
> another - i.e. on my userpage, add {{User:Garykirk/ArticlesIStarted}}
> . However, on my wiki, doing this simply produces red links.

You need to start with a colon for any namespace other than Template.

In your example, you should put:
     {{:User:Garykirk/ArticlesIStarted}}

to include that page on another page.

We do this all the time, and have done a coop incorporation by
splitting up the bylaws into sections that different people worked on.

:::: We are like tenant farmers chopping down the fence around our
house for fuel when we should be using nature's inexhaustible sources
of energy - sun, wind and tide. I'd put my money on the sun and solar
energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until
oil and coal run out before we tackle that.
-- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
:::: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan at Bytesmiths.com/Item/80BF02>