[Mediawiki-l] upgrading OS & mediawiki

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Fri Apr 21 17:28:08 UTC 2006

Hello.

Basically the question I have is standard, but having read
the doc I still have some questions.

I have a running mediawiki server on SUSE Linux 9.0 and want
to setup a new SUSE Linux 10.0 server (on the same machine)

the old server runs mysql 12.21-4.0.15 (I don't really
understand why there are so many numers), php 4.3.3 and
mediawiki 1.5.8

the new one runs mysql 14.7-4.1.13, & php 4.4 & hopefully
mediawiki 1.6.3

the first try failed with a wikiuser passwd problem. but it
was made quite roughly, as a test, so no more on this.

for the good proceding, may I install all the new things and
try to import the backed-up database, or may I first import
the backup to a mediawiki 1.5.8 install and upgrade
mediawiki afterward?

thanks
jdd
--