[Mediawiki-l] Sessions

B. Magilavy bmagilavy at avalon-internet.com
Fri Sep 16 04:44:55 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am trying to integrate Mediawiki 1.4.9 into an existing site, with
one log-in for both, which I want to be the main-site log-in. The
wiki is in a subdirectory of the main site.

What I have done so far to integrate the two:

As a query string, my main log-in sends the variables that
SpecialUserLogin.php expects from its own form. (The POST requirement
for processing in SpecialUserLogin.php has been disabled; the check
for POST was already done in the main site log-in.);

I have added the handler $wgHooks['UserLoginComplete'][] =
array('addtosessions', $loginreturnto) to add the necessary main site
variables to the session. [Once I get it working, I'll come back to
the case of an incomplete login.]

I have $wgUseMemCached = false; although I found that the session
would not survive the first wiki page-change without my commenting
out, in User.php, the code:

function SetupSession()
		/*if( $wgSessionsInMemcached ) {
			require_once( 'MemcachedSessions.php' );
		} else */

This works fine, as long as I stay in the wiki directory. However,
whenever I leave the wiki directory to go back up to the main site or
to look at edit help at the mediawiki site, and come back again, I
have lost my wiki session. Is there a save routine and/or a session
object that I cannot find, that needs modification?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Beryl Magilavy
Avalon Internet