[Mediawiki-l] Problems installing Mediawiki

Tobias Sjölin tobias.sjolin at eseco.se
Fri Sep 16 07:34:01 UTC 2005

Hello!

I've just stumbled across MediaWiki and I'm very interested in getting a
nice wiki up. The problem is that I can't seem to get it installed!

I've come for as to the installation process in the browser. However the
Language box is empty. This means I can not select a language. Maybe this is
not required, but it seems to reek havoc with the rest of the installtion.
The prefix table absolutely refuses to accept anything in that box. I've
tried [blank], mw_, mv, but nothing works. I still get the Invalid prefix
table. I really would like to have it as [blank] since I won't install
anything else in the mysql, but nothing works.

Has anyone got any idea?

Best Regards Tobias