[Mediawiki-l] Local mediawiki installation (1.5.2) and problems with <math>

Faager faager at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:59:00 UTC 2005

Hello,
I have recently installed mediawiki (1.5.2) on my PC, and now want to
enable the <math> tag. I looked at the instructions to enable TeX in the
FAQ, but it doesn't seem to work ("unknown math error"). I think the
problems come from two things :
- where exactly do I install the required packages ? Must it be in the
/math subfolder or can it be anywhere ? Can I use MikTeX instead of TeX
Live?
- how do I run 'make' for texvc ? I am not working with Linux for this
project, and cygwin doesn't seem to accept 'make' or 'gmake'...

I'm really sorry if these problems are reported somewhere else, but I
didn't find anything in the Documentation or the Web. I can only admire
your patience in answering this sort of basic questions...

Regards, Faager