[Mediawiki-l] tex problem

judi chen judi_chen at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 16:04:25 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am running mediawiki 1.5.2 on Fedora core 4.

I try to have TeX implemented.  I read the 'Enable
TeX' on meta and the README file in the math
directory.

I have all the external programs installed and tested.
The command line texve seems working well.

For example, by executing the following command in the
math directory
./texvc /var/www/wiki/images/tmp
/var/www/wiki/images/math/ "\lim_{n \to \infty}x_n"
iso-8859-1

I got the desired PNG in the
/var/www/wiki/images/math/

So the directory permssion is OK.

But when I tried <math>\sqrt{1-e^2}</math> on
mediawiki

I got the following error msg,

Failed to parse (unknown error): \sqrt{1-e^2}

Can someone help me and share some light

thanks
jc