[Mediawiki-l] Uploaded file (media) icons

Nick Triantos nick-gmane at triantos.com
Fri Nov 25 04:42:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm looking for advice about how to get a Media file (it's an MS Word
doc) to have a Word icon to its left, that, when clicked upon, opens the
word doc, rather than the Image page for that icon.

I've tried nesting an [[Image:myicon.png]] as the caption for a Media
file, but that doesn't work. I've also tried using
[[Media:mywordfile.doc]] as the caption for the image, and that also
didn't work.

Any guidance welcome.

Also, it might be nice to have another link type (maybe
attachments, and then elsewhere in the doc, use something like
[[Inline:Attachments]] or whatever to create a table of files with icon,
filename, maybe file size, mod date, author, etc.

If possible, please CC me in replies, I quickly fall behind on reading
this thread.

cheers,
-Nick