[Mediawiki-l] Single-equal-sign sections: not documented? working?

Lee Daniel Crocker lee at piclab.com
Sat May 21 23:43:15 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 16:29 -0500, Matt England wrote:
> > > Before anyone on my site goes to do this, I ask:  are "=" sections bona
> > > fide markup that will be supported in all future revisions?
> >
> >The syntax I'm working on eliminates them,
>
> I'm not sure what this means.  Does this mean some future revision of
> Mediawiki (I'm currently using 1.4.0) will not support "="...or something else?

That's my hope; but whether the developer community as a whole takes my
ideas seriously or not is an open question.

> >but otherwise they
> >are semantically equivalent to == sections.
>
> I guess I'm not sure what this means, either, but for what it's worth, I'm
> find that "=" sections have distinctively different behavior then "=="
> sections on my 1.4.0 wiki site (the "==" are subsections of "=").

Hmm.  Then that's different from what I expect.  I would have expected
single-= sections to be treated exactly the same as double-= sections.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee at piclab.com>  <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/>