[Mediawiki-l] [RE] problem with installation: upgrade mysql client [fixed]

b h bobhumphrey22 at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 15:27:36 UTC 2005

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/password-hashing.html

> Here is my info:
>
> PHP 5.0.2: ok
> PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty
> URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
> Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
> PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
> Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
> Turck MMCache not installed, can't use object
> caching
> functions
> Couldn't find GD library or ImageMagick; image
> thumbnailing disabled.
> Installation directory: E:\www\htdocs\wiki
> Script URI path: /wiki
> Warning: $wgSecretKey key is insecure, generated
> with
> mt_rand(). Consider changing it manually.
> MySQL error 1251: Client does not support
> authentication protocol requested by server;
> consider
> upgrading MySQL client
>
> and then further down the page it says could not
> connect to database.

so I found this:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mediawiki-l&m=111017538816998&w=2
(sorry, took me a while to find a sane searching
archive...... might think about posting the MARC link
as opposed to those useless pipermail archives)

I do have mysql 4.1.7 and php 5.0.2

upgrading to php 5.0.4 fixed it.

sorry for the noise, should have looked harder first.

Yahoo! Mail