[Mediawiki-l] Just the article wanted

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Thu Mar 31 20:40:04 UTC 2005

Okay, I've gotten pretty good at hacking away at MediaWiki, and could
probably find a way to do this, but I'm looking for the BEST way!
Especially the way that will require the least pain in future releases.

I want a totally "nude" article page, without discuss/edit/history/move
and ALL the other links, and no background. This will be dropped into a
table, which will contain a page header (which sets the background),
its own links down the side, and a page footer.

I looked around at the skins, and thought, "I need to start with the
simplest skin," but MySkin.php is essentially empty. Should I copy
this, and start overriding methods that provide non-article content
with NOPs? Or is there a better way to get just the article text?

Thanks in advance for all the hints and tips that I'm sure are coming!
:-)

:::: I will not be as those who spend the day in complaining of
headache, and the night in drinking the wine that gives it. -- Göthe
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Van>