[Mediawiki-l] Editing conflicts question

Lee Daniel Crocker lee at piclab.com
Thu Mar 31 05:53:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 22:05 -0700, Jared Nyland wrote:

> I was wondering if the best way to prevent editing conflicts is to use
> the In Use notice that I have found or is there a global setting for
> this somewhere that locks the page while someone is editing?

Edit locking isn't practical over a stateless protocol like HTTP.
Theoretically, the number of edit conflicts should be roughly
proportional to the number pages divided by the number of active
users, which should change over time, so even if you made some
attempt to curb them the success of that attempt would vary as well.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee at piclab.com>  <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/>