[Mediawiki-l] wikifarm

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:10:25 UTC 2005

It's been mentioned that if you hack the vars in LocalSettings.php so
that the includes, maintenance, and languages directories are one
place (eg, a global location), but extensions, images, and skins are
someplace else (a user-specific location), you can change the
variables so it works. (I should try it just to see how it works.)

What one could do is use rewrite rules so that all Wiki requests, no
matter for which one it is, are funelled through the same index.php.
Then LocalSettings.php will parse the query and extract which wiki it
is for. It then uses this to set some paths, and include the
appropriate LocalSettings.php.