[Mediawiki-l] wikifarm

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Mar 30 17:44:00 UTC 2005

On 30 Mar 2005, at 02:38, Hans Huijgen wrote:

> While working with my wiki, I want to create different layouts for
> different peaces of my wiki. I could just install different
> mediawiki's, but that is a bit too much space consuming...

I installed *one* copy of MediaWiki 1.4, then wrote a script that
duplicated the directory structure and hard-linked the files. Result is
multiple wikis in nearly the same space. (Unix only -- I don't think
you can do that in Windows.)

This might not be exactly what you're looking for, but may be a place
to start.

:::: Base 8 is just like base 10, if you are missing two fingers. - Tom
Lehrer
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/003AA08>