[Mediawiki-l] "othercontribs" info not showing up in v1.4.0

John Blumel johnblumel at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 25 17:12:36 UTC 2005

I noticed that the 'othercontribs' info isn't showing up in v1.4.0. In
v1.3.11, setting,

   $wgMaxCredits = 2;
   $wgShowCreditsIfMax = false;

in LocalSettings.php would produce a message like,

   <user_name>. Based on work by others."

where 'others' is a link to the Credits page for that page. And, all of
the contributors would be listed on the Credits page.

In v1.4.0, the "Based on work by others." text doesn't show up, nor
does the Credits page list any contributors other than the last. I've
also tried other settings for $wgMaxCredits, like -1, but none of these
seem to cause any variation in behavior.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there a known fix or workaround to get
this working again?

John Blumel