[Mediawiki-l] First time installer

Alexandre van de sande alexandrevandesande at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 23:59:07 UTC 2005

This is my first mediawiki installation and I am doing it all through
ftp. I had already some help in the village pump.

Everything goes fine in the installation. I finish the installer script
(the config folder) and he tells me everything is okay, just copy local
settings (wich I did) and go visit your wiki. But then absolutelly
nothing happens. From mozilla or IE (both in pc or mac) the site simply
does nto responds. Safari say that:

Safari can't open the page:
"http://www.wanderingabout.com/kiwi/index.php/Main_Page"
because it could not load any data from this location.

In Village Pump, Brion Vib told me that this was a possible php server
crashing, and advised me to install the newer version 1.4rc1. I just
did it arriving at the same results.

I am clueless again. Must not be very polite to go an crash somebody
else's server (they are in argentina, i am in brazil).

Thanks

Alexandre van de sande
(My wiki address - as above - is is
http://www.wanderingabout.com/kiwi/index.php/Main_Page . And yes, it's,