[Mediawiki-l] what-you-see-is-what-you-get edit program?

Sterling D. Allan sterlingda at pureenergysystems.com
Mon Mar 14 21:08:38 UTC 2005

It seems to me that early on the development curve of wiki software made a
choice (a bad one, in my opinion) to go the code direction rather than the
WYSIWYG direction.  The longer they linger in code, the harder it will be to
do a course correction to a WYSIWYG interface, which is really where this
needs to be to draw from the widest pool of contributors around the planet
and see the wiki achieve its full potential.  The chasm presently is so
great that the typical developer is probably going to be scared off by the
daunting task.  Overwhelming.

Perhaps PESWiki can provide some leadership by combining these two and
showing how well it works to do so.

Sterling Allan
http://peswiki.com