[Mediawiki-l] Same text at the top of all Talk pages

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:50:42 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:27:06 +0000, Rowan Collins
<rowan.collins at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:37:27 +0100, FxParlant <f-x.p at laposte.net> wrote:
> No, but you might be able to hack something up with CSS (or even
> JavaScript?), using the "ns-2" class (or ns-X, where X is the internal
> number of the namespace in question). I'm pretty sure you can actually
> have a CSS rule that adds text to a particular element...

There is something in CSS for this, in the psuedo-elements. :before
and :after, coupled with the content property, would allow you to
place a specific thing either just before or just after something. See
<http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_pseudo_elements.asp>.
(Unfortunately, it appears from their table that neither Netscape nor
IE support it.)

-- Jamie