[Mediawiki-l] ArticleSave hook

ngungo ngungo at 56degrees.com
Wed Mar 2 17:19:36 UTC 2005

For almost a week now I have not made the ArticleSave hook works. Has
anyone done this before? Please help!!!

Problem: I would like to insert into the ArticleSave hook a simple php
function (that does nothing but returns true) as following:

  function myFunction() {
    return true;
  }

Background:
I need to collect and compile some statistics of all posts and display
them to a special page. The most natural way is when the Save Page
button is hit, a php function (myFunction) will do the work and after
that resume back to saving of the current page as normal. I have posted
this problem here twice before, Erik Moeller has helped me to analyze
the problem and guided me to read /docs/hooks.doc. I understand (I think
so.) the concept, but have not been able to implemented. The above
problem is the most reduced version of what I would like to do. I need
to be over that hump before I can do anything else. Please help by
giving me a step by step instructions. Please!!!

ngungo