[Mediawiki-l] Printing/typesetting/converting mediawiki documents

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:57:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

We've recently started using Mediawiki quite extensively around the
office as part of the intranet, and it's working out great. Thanks for
a great piece of software!

We have one minor gripe though, which I'm trying to find a solution
to: Are there any extensions or tools to print one or more wiki pages
to postscript or PDF in a nice way?

Printing from Mozilla is quite decent, but you often end up with funny
page breaks, there's some headers/footers I can live without etc. etc.
Some solutions that've popped into my mind:

* is it possible to create an extension for this?
* is it possible to modify the css or whatever it is that decides how
the browser prints?
* are there any third party tools that could PDF-ify a Mediawiki DB?
* ... other ideas?

Any tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Tarjei Knapstad