[Mediawiki-l] External authentication (e.g. siteminder)

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:34:00 UTC 2005

On 14/07/05, Cary Collett <cary at ratatosk.org> wrote:
> One of the show stoppers, at least as near as I can tell, is
> our use of SiteMinder for user auth. I'm wondering how difficult
> it would be to get MediaWiki to play with it.

I don't know the details of it, but there is an "AuthPlugin" facility
in MediaWiki for exactly this kind of task; I know that one successful
implementation uses an LDAP server to do the user authentication.

See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Authentication and the pages linked
from there, and includes/AuthPlugin.php in the source for more
details.

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]