[Mediawiki-l] I just don't get the apache setup

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:03:14 UTC 2005

On 7/13/05, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:
> Rick DeNatale wrote:
> > <VirtualHost *>
> >         ServerAdmin webmaster at mercuryspacecraft.com
> >         ServerName www.mercuryspacecraft.com
> >         DocumentRoot /var/www
> >         AcceptPathInfo on
> >
> >         Alias /wiki/stylesheets /var/www/w/stylesheets
> >         Alias /wiki/style /var/www/w/style
> >         Alias /wiki/images /var/www/w/images
> >         Alias /wiki/skins /var/www/w/skins
> >         Alias /wiki/redirect.php /var/www/w/redirect.php
> >         Alias /wiki/textvc.php /var/www/w/textvc.php
> >         Alias /wiki/index.php /var/www/w/index.php
> >         Alias /wiki /var/www/w
> >
> > </VirtualHost>
>
> This all seems kind of redundant... take out all the aliases and rename
> the directory from "w" to "wiki".

The setup came from the referenced article in meta

What I'm trying to accomplish is to separate the article url's from
the script urls, so that I can keep googlebots and the like from going
where I don't want them to go via robots.txt.

Quoting the meta article:

"This method will put articles under www.mysite.com/wiki/articlename,
and everything else under www.mysite.com/w/index.php?whatever, just
like the WikiMedia sites."