[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki back to PHP4 ?

D_C d3ntaku at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 04:20:03 UTC 2005

I had been running it under php5, but to get access to some templates
I moved back to run under php4.

The first time it ran it gave this error:
[pear_error: message="failed to open stream: Operation not permitted"
code=0 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]

Now, when i go back to PHP5 as the engine (running as CGI) the same
error comes up every time.. seems my wiki is buggered!

Is there a way to fix this and recover the wiki? I imagine it is
unusual to go *backwards* on php version, but maybe someone can
suggest where to look for the above Pear problem. Probably my php4
(provided by ISP) and PHP5 (compiled by me) had some different library
setup that was hard-wired into a settings file. But going back to the
previous environment I am concerned that the error still persists.

By chance does anyone have intuition that If I upgrade the wiki
software (to the current beta CVS version) is there a chance this
problem would go away, or would i just be getting deeper into
confusion?

Thanks,

/dc (who didnt back up the wiki before changing PHP)
   David "DC" Collier
mobile business creator |モバイル・ビジネス・クリエーター
    dc at pikkle.com
    http://www.pikkle.com
    +81 (0)90-7414-6107