[Mediawiki-l] ENotif 2.00 for MediaWiki 1.3.10 -- currently under construction

Thomas Gries mail at tgries.de
Tue Feb 8 01:02:28 UTC 2005

I am sending you this mail as a pre-announcement, because many have
asked me:

currently I work on a patch of ENotif 2.00 (e-mail notification) for
MediaWiki 1.3.10. This will be basically a maintenance port of my older
ENotif patch published last October see http://meta.wikipedia.org/Enotif
. (This patch was for mw 1.3.7).

Remark: the most recent working version of ENotif is available in CVS
HEAD and also includes a working e-mail authentication method by mailing
a temporary password, which is valid only for one login.

My patch will come as a diff against MW 1.3.10 and as a fully
installable tgz of MW 1.3.10+ENotif, which can be used for installation
with existing or new databases, as the patch comes with a
database-upgrader (updating an existing wiki database if needed).

Scheduled time for release: 09. Feb. 2005
Wikinaut Tom