[Mediawiki-l] search from external page and wiki in the backend .

Sandeep A.S sanippy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 21:21:55 UTC 2005

Hi

I have a requirement of using mediawiki as a  web interface for our
product details like:

Overview
Examples &
Cookbook

of each  section of  our product.

 I need to have to search from a  html search page  to mywiki site
This search page will be having  a google like interface.
 Ie  There will be a search bar with search button and  optional
radio buttons of  FAQ,Examples,Cookbook . Purpose is
if  I search  some key words with  FAQ radio button on ,it  should  give
 me all the FAQ entries  with that keyword.

1)Can some body  give some points on how to achieve this ?

I  made   the sections  as below in each  link page,

==overview==

==FAQ==

==EXAMPLES==

==COOKBOOK==

2)Is there any  better approach or any better ways ?

   Thanks
   Sandeep