[Mediawiki-l] Guidelines on borrowing MediaWiki Handbook for public wiki.

Hínandil hinandil at freespirits.org
Tue Aug 16 14:14:43 UTC 2005

Okay, as it comes time to open to the public, the question of
documentation becomes more severe.  :)  I note with great relief that
importing and exporting work very well.

My plans were to bring in the documentation from Meta's Help:Editing
page and the linked pages in the Editing overview TOC.  My question is,
exactly what must be done to comply with the GFDL license of the
documentation?  Is the URL of the original Meta page in the revision
comment sufficient, or does there need to be something in the document
itself?  I would be interested in others' opinions, as well as Brion
Vibber's, because we are also looking at creating a copyright page that
gives copy-paste boilerplate for others to confidently reuse our content
on their websites while complying with the GFDL.

Hínandil