[Mediawiki-l] per-user edit buttons/templates

David J. Biesack David.Biesack at sas.com
Mon Aug 15 14:22:17 UTC 2005

Is there an existing capability/extension to allow individual users to define their own buttons and insertion text templates for editing? For example, on our intranet MediaWiki, I have a subgroup of people who will be editing pages following a default boilerplate page template - default sections, some {{templates}} for table of content/navigation and standard categories, etc. Rather than having them copy/paste from some external page/file, I'd like to define some templates and buttons in the getEditToolbar in EditPage.php so that these users can add one or two buttons to insert the text. Other users would not see these buttons since they don't need them.

Alternatively, a menu of page templates that people can use to create new pages would work.

thanks

--
David J. Biesack     SAS Institute Inc.
(919) 531-7771       SAS Campus Drive