[Mediawiki-l] Modifying MediaWiki

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Thu Aug 4 09:26:52 UTC 2005

There are a couple things I'd like to be able to do with MediaWiki, but I'm not
sure how to accomplish them (or even if they can be accomplished):

1. I'd like to programmatically change the displayed page title to something
other than the title stored in the database. That is, if a user navigates to
index.php?title=foo, the resulting page will be titled "bar" (in the <h1> at
the top of the page).

2. I'd like to pre-populate the edit box for all empty pages with a certain
template text. That is, if a user tries to create a new page, the resulting
edit box will already be filled with some text (supplied by me).

Are either of these possible? I'm not averse to creating an extension or
modifying code if I need to.

Thanks in advance.

--
Joel Konkle-Parker