[Mediawiki-l] Re: Modifying MediaWiki

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Thu Aug 4 19:41:56 UTC 2005

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
<snip>
> 1. I'd like to programmatically change the displayed page title to something
> other than the title stored in the database. That is, if a user navigates to
> index.php?title=foo, the resulting page will be titled "bar" (in the <h1> at
> the top of the page).

You can make an extension that implements a new tag (ex: <pagetitle>)
then the extension set the page title:

 $wgOut->setPagetitle( 'new title' );

> 2. I'd like to pre-populate the edit box for all empty pages with a certain
> template text. That is, if a user tries to create a new page, the resulting
> edit box will already be filled with some text (supplied by me).

You can probably hack EditPage::Editform . There is a test that show the
messages 'editintro' and 'newarticletext'. You can probably add a
default text from there.

The test is:

if( !$this->mTitle->getArticleID() &&
    ('initial' == $formtype || $firsttime ))
  { # new article
..

cheers,

--