[Mediawiki-l] Converting links table to ID-ID... fails on Solaris - [reprise] with solution...

Jeffery Cann jccann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 19:31:20 UTC 2005

> Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com wrote
>
> Tried digging into the code to add more output checks?

The script dies on Line 48 when it's trying to get a database connection...

./maintenance/convertLinks.php

     45     print " DEBUG:  extracting table names...\n";
     46     print " DEBUG:  getting database connection : DB_MASTER...\n";
     47
     49
     50     print " DEBUG:  dbw: $dbw...\n";
     51     extract( $dbw->tableNames( 'cur', 'links', 'links_temp',
'links_backup' ) );
     52
     53     print " DEBUG:  running SQL: SELECT l_from FROM $links
LIMIT 1 ...\n";
     54     $res = $dbw->query( "SELECT l_from FROM $links LIMIT 1" );
     55     print " DEBUG:  completed SQL: SELECT l_from FROM $links
LIMIT 1 ...\n";
     56
     57     if ( $dbw->fieldType( $res, 0 ) == "int" ) {
     58         print "Schema already converted\n";
     59         return;

> Confirmed that the GRANTs on the database are correct?

In a nutshell, despite the fact that I specified 'spapp7:3307' in the
wiki installation, I am unable to connect as wiki user when using
'spapp7' as the host:

  # Denied when using host 'spapp7':
  $  mysql -u wikiuser --host spapp7 --port 3307 --password wikidb
  Enter password:
  ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'wikiuser at spapp7' (Using password: YES)

  # Allowed when using host 'localhost'
  $ mysql -u wikiuser --host localhost --port 3307 --password wikidb
  Enter password:
  Your MySQL connection id is 91 to server version: 4.0.24-standard

To solve the problem, I issued the following grant statement to the
mysql server:

         grant all on wikidb.* to 'wikiuser'@'spapp7' identified by 'password';

I then reran the mediawiki install to success!

Thanks for the assistance.

Should I report this as a bug?  My thought is that when the MySQL
server field name is not localhost, there should be a grant statement
issued for that host for the wikiuser.

Jeff